TLDR: A thinker. A learner. An explorer. I love to get my hands dirty and build stuff. I also love yoga, bodies of water, traveling, reading, plants, and my family.
I was raised in the far southwest suburbs of Chicago where I spent most of my life surrounded by cornfields & suburbia. In college, I studied psychology, social work, and journalism. Graduating right in the 2008 recession and without a job prospect in sight, I bought a one-way ticket to Europe and became an Au Pair in Ancona, Italy. For the first time in my life, I was surrounded by history!
Inspired by the incredible art and architecture there, I chose to attend art school instead of grad school when I returned. It was while studying at the Savannah College of Art & Design that I learned to design & build my first website using Dreamweaver.
My Core Values
- Prioritize the Living. People, Plants, Animals, Earth > things. Always.
- Embrace Curiosity. Never stagnant. Never NOT learning.
- Feel the Fear & Do it Anyway. Courage or comfort. Never both.
- Be Creative. Use what you have, create something new.
- Choose Carefully. Even the smallest decisions have far-reaching consequences.
- Optimism Wins. Negativity kills.
- Rest. Sometimes the best thing to do, is nothing.